Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Damaged Goods

It's anecdote time. So the other day, my friends who are going to Italy over spring break were talking about how "Milan is the fashion capital of the world." I overhear this, and I cannot help but interject and share some Cartier pearls of wisdom.
Me: "Uh, sorry, but Milan just isn't the fashion capital of the world."
Friend #1: "What? Isn't it, like really famous for fashion?"
Me: "Yeah, but I wouldn't exactly refer to it as the fashion capital of the world."
Friend #2: "Then what is?"
Me: "Paris. Even though Italian craftsmanship is fantastic, the variety and calibur of design seen in Paris is just, in general, amazingly better than what's seen in Milan."
...pause...
Friend #1: "Oh yeah, I remember on My Super Sweet 16, this girl went to Paris to buy her dress because she said it was the fashion capital of the world."
I then use all the willpower I can muster up to keep myself from smashing myself over the head with my French textbook until my golden locks are soaked with blood.
This are just some of the reasons, taken from the last day of PFW, why Paris is it...

Olivier


Alber


Marc actually making pretty clothes.


Sophia


The fact that Miu Miu is shown there, at least for the time being.

5 comments:

Bojana said...

Oooh you are so wonderful. I wish I was able to say somehting intelligent like that, sometimes

Anonymous said...

Heeee that was good...it was so asian lep

Teresa said...

oooh i hate when people do not understand fashion and compare it to, as you said super sweet sixteen, or what everyone is wearing on laguna beach. Vair, vair annoying.

Last Day Emails said...

Totally agree! I would rather that my non-fashion friends not talk about fashion in front of me. It always makes my skin crawl a little bit in my mouth.

Alex said...

hahahaha!

that first dress was amazing (yellow!)