Saturday, March 3, 2007

Tony the Beat




What do you make of a Chloé show where the shoes are atrocious and the clothes are actually decent? It's a change, that's for sure. Plenty of vinyl, truely insanely ugly shoes, backless dresses, and lots of red...oh my! The new Chloé girl is tougher, uglier, and much more adventurous than before. Although there was definitely more of an '80s influence, there were still nods to the now classic, Philo-60s-vintage style, with embroidered sheaths and plenty of shorts. New head designer Paolo Melim Andersson seemed to pull inspiration from a host of other designers. The shoes could have been from a Marc Jacobs show, the sunglasses from Karen Walker, and half the clothes themselves pulled from Marni. But mixed together, it seemed at least fairly new and a fresh direction for the long-standing look of the brand.











4 comments:

Annie said...

I AM IN LOVE WITH THE YELLOW BOOTS. and i love the sunglasses too. hehe

Annie said...

I AM IN LOVE WITH THE YELLOW BOOTS. and i love the sunglasses too. hehe

Bojana said...

Ooh your writing is so brilliant. you talk about fashion as if you were living in the industry for years. You're THE master, seriously. When I get my own fashion magazine, I'm engaging you immediatly. kay?

E said...

Good by me Boka-loca.