Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Panthers in Crime

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Now, normally Numéro bores me just a tiny parsec, just because I feel like they don't really try new things or step outside the box very much (like that whole Freja with cameras shot by Karl spread, what in Chalayan was that?!) but I'm really drawn into (haha, get it?) their September issue. It has Sasha P. on the cover, as a slightly cracked-out version of Jessica Rabbit, shot by Camilla Akrans. The cover, with Sasha's gaunt face and piercing eyes peeking out from impeccable red waves, and her skeletal figure swathed in an embellished Dior dress, is striking and a great subversion of the universally attractive sexpot Ms. Rabbit. Especially seeing as how Sasha's beauty is, so, uh, debated. The rest of the editorial isn't as special, but it's still pretty and luxurious, et cetera. I also really enjoy Karl's shoot featuring strong, black, couture pieces reminiscent of super heroes. It's powerful and crisp, and although it's not that unique, I really like the images. Now go forth, children, and imbibe!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo cred: TFS

3 comments:

Amy said...

Divine cover.

Heehee Jessica Rabbit-"I'm not bad, I'm just drawn that way!"

I'd love it if you could check out my new blog.

Bojana said...

I was flipping through that issue in a store, and i loved it too. My fave editoril was Sasha's.

An (ex) alien in new york said...

sasha looks good there. I guess she's so versitile that there's no consistency.