Thursday, December 14, 2006

Venus in Furs

So, I'm a vegetarian, and despite all of my qualms with eating meat, I really love fur. It's hard to describe, but I don't really feel the need to justify it. Thus, branching off of my extreme weather outfit post, I decided to write about the fur piece I'm in love with, this mink cropped swing jacket from Karl Lagerfeld.

Normally, I don't adore Karl, but this garment is so choice. The fur is so luxurious, the color is so rich, and it evokes the Park Avenue princess look, but for today. The cut is modern and versatile, but it still seems like a piece that will stand the test of time. It has lots of details, yet it doesn't seem too bulky. If you have a spare $4500, I'd highly reccomend picking one up at Intermix.

7 comments:

Reinedelaseine said...

ooh Venus in Furs= ace song...I am a vegetarian too, but you are right- that coat is so luxurious and princess-y, who wouldn't want one?

Anonymous said...

"OMG luk how cun U say dat I mean urgh lyk fur sucks I mean OMg you hypocritt!"

That's what the reaction would have been if you posted it on TV.

My reaction is : Aaaaahhh. I want. That coeat is truly beautiful and luxirous and everything. PLus, I'm sure that coeat would keep me warm, not like my wool peacoats.

And yeah, seems like Karl has, from time to time, good trips when he actually makes good stuff. Like this Fendi dress, for example. http://i12.tinypic.com/4gz17ut.jpg or this one : http://i12.tinypic.com/49j645t.jpg but he unfortunately, mostof the time, has realkly bad trips, as in...everything Chanel.

I love you, princess Eliza

E said...

Love you too, Boka. Those Fendi dresses are ace.

molly said...

venus in furs...love that song.
love that coat.
love this blog.

Unknown said...

I don't know about the coat, fur just isn't my thing. It's not about the animals, it's something else.

An (ex) alien in new york said...

we have already discussed this e, but i'm running away with you.

E said...

Sounds good Alex.