Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Oh the weather outside is frightful...

Actually, it's not. Here in Southern California, we don't get much "weather" in the winter. It's generally 60 or so degrees, and it doesn't start to rain until mid January. Too hot to snow, too cold to go swimming. Translation: boring. Thus, I'm envious of both the northerners, who get snow and wind and all that good, cold weather, and the people who live, or at least vacation, somewhere hot and exotic.
My dream cold weather outfit of the moment would start off with Diane von Furstenburg wool pants, a Marc by Marc Jacobs knit top, and Blumarine sweater, topped off with Chloé cape (although I'm also a huge fan of APC's pull-over parka, it wouldn't really work with this outfit). I'd wear Miu Miu moccasin boots when I need to be practical, and Anna Sui boots when I don't. My hat would be from Ann Louise Roswald, my scarf, Hermes cashmere, my gloves, cashmere convertibles from Barney's. And, of course, I'd carry a Lanvin bag, in this case, the Ludvine.
As for warm weather, I'd frolic about St Barts in dresses from Grey Ant, Vince, United Bamboo, more United Bamboo, Elissa Coleman, and Michelle Lowe-Holder, with swimsuits by Missoni, Tomas Maier and American Apparel, and sandals by K Jacques. My sunglasses would be Tom Ford, and once again, of course, I'd carry a Lanvin bag, the Kansas.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That Chloe cape....epitome of coolness