Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Accidents


Alright Rachel, we need to have a talk. I'm a fan, in general, of your trendy-ladylike tilt on things and your delectably feminine line, but this outfit is just a little too much. Seperately, all the pieces work. The Prada turban is glamorous and just a little creepy, which I love. The Lanvin trench is classic and dominatrix-worthy. The Roger Vivier shoes are flashy without being overbearing, but perhaps veer into old lady territory. The intense bracelet and leopard clutch are maybe a little hackneyed, but still fine. However, when you put it all together, the outfit just begs for attention, and not in a good Marc Jacobs SS07 way. It's more of an "I'm a desperate aging actress who is losing her grip on reality" way. All the components are competing for attention, and instead of looking chic and risk-taking, it looks stupid. I'm not mad, Rachel, I'm just dissappointed.
Photo cred: style.com

5 comments:

alexgirl said...

Maybe when she got inside wherever she was going and took off the trench, the outfit came together... but I agree with you. It's too much. Plus, I'm not really a fan of the turban. I know it's Prada, and I should love it. But turbans are so magician/fortune teller-y.

Miss V. said...

The turban just doesn't work for me, she looks weird.

E said...

I think the turban is really hard to pull off in real life. I'm a huge fan of the headbands (which are jewel-toned satin with a wrap detail on them), though.

discotheque confusion said...

Firstly, Who??

and secondly, ahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

oh dear!

S xx

E said...

Rachel Roy is a socialite/designer who's married to Damon Dash. But, yes, I share that laugh.